Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ready to make nice?

What I bought this morning:

Forgive, sounds good
Forget, I’m not sure I could
They say time heals everything
But I’m still waiting
....
I know you said
Can’t you just get over it
It turned my whole world around
And I kind of like it
....
I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
Yesterday was strange. I got some really good news at the beginning of the day, but by about noon the good news had percolated through my brain and collected into a brew of memories and emotions I didn't know I still had.

Some issues never go away completely, I guess. Usually I accept that as one of those immutable facts of life, but sometimes it makes me extraordinarily depressed.