Friday, May 04, 2007

From the department of "funny because it's true"

What the yeti said:

By the time I arrive at the office, my body is flooded with my three favorite substances: adrenaline, endorphins, and self-righteousness.


It's "Bike to Work Month," and I cautiously joined the wee team at work. You have to ride at least five times during the month, so I figured it would be a good way to start getting into the habit again. I rode to work some last summer, but the ride was only half as long...so I needed to convince myself that I could make a ten-mile ride to work in the morning.

Well, I can. Turns out that ride earlier this year wasn't just a fluke achievement. And it's nice: I get in an hour of exercise (yes, I am rather slow), and rather than still needing to get ready and go to work, bam! I'm already there. I do still shower when I get there, because nobody likes to stew in their own sweat and stink all day. And I'm pretty sure nobody in this small office would like to smell me stewing in my own sweat all day, either.