Thursday, November 08, 2007

Day 8

I fell asleep on the bus ride home this afternoon and missed my stop. Fortunately the sharp left turn two blocks past my stop was unexpected enough to penetrate into my sleeping brain and wake me up, so I didn't have to walk far. I blame Tuesday's failure of the light-rail package; I'm pretty sure these types of mistakes never happen on a train.

I'm planning to ride a 40-miler on Sunday accompanied by other people for the first time. I'm a little nervous about the likelihood of being the slowpoke of the group. It's just two other women my age from work, so it's not like going on a Cascade Bicycle Club ride or anything like that, but they are both slightly younger and definitely less heavy than me. And one of them just ran a half-marathon a couple of weeks ago, so that's a whole 'nother league of fitness right there. I figure I'll count it a successful ride just as long as I don't collapse in a shuddering heap at mile 32 and have to call a taxi to get me the rest of the way home.