1. Walked on an island in a lake formed in the caldera of an extinct volcano.
2. Scored a perfect 800 on the mathematics half of the SAT.
3. Taken a full-time college courseload while living on campus and working and volunteering part-time--all while receiving regular chemotherapy and radiation treatments for lymphoma.
4. Unsuccessfully went crocodile-hunting at night in Central America; we found fresh tracks on a sand bank, but no live reptiles.
5. Toured the Mayan ruins of Copan in Honduras just behind the President of Honduras and the enormous group of soldiers accompanying him.
6. Hiked to the top of Half Dome in Yosemite National Park.
7. Been mistaken for a movie star.
8. Kissed the Blarney Stone. (No subsequent increase in my charm and eloquence was observed.)
9. Climbed the 530 stairs to the top of St. Paul's Cathedral in London.
10. Attended an "Eleventh Night Bonfire" on Sandy Row in Belfast, at which a group of masked loyalists roused the crowd to a frenzy before firing their weapons into the air.
Sunday, February 27, 2005
Posted by Thel at 2/27/2005 09:01:00 PM