Sunday, December 17, 2006

As Her Head Begins To Swell

As seen in the creepy commercial I saw today for cold medicine, a swelling head is just plain unattractive. Mine is swelling in that good, half-embarrassed way. An aw-shucks kind of swelling. Here, let me pause to look down bashfully and kick in the dirt with my toe.

OK, all done! My head started swelling when I realized the other night that someone excerpted part of my Blood Diamond post on December 9th. Granted that they didn't mention what they thought of it, I assume they linked approvingly without comment. I think....no, I'm sure that's never happened before.

Then Holidailies picked my Deadly Trees post as one of the "Best of" entries. I got alll excited before realizing that it's probably the kind of deal where every participant gets to have an entry on the "best of" page...like they split up the 150 or so participants among the 30 days, to have 5 different blogs on the "best of" every day. But! I still got hits from it. And! There was my name under a "Best Of" sign!

Finally, I sent a picture to the newspaper and they used it in their online gallery of reader-submitted pictures of the storm's aftermath. My name! On a photo credit! In the newspaper!

And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say
That Thel's swelling head grew three sizes that day!


I'm losing my life to the weffriddles, by the way. And that's the whole of my excuse for this anemic little post.