Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Karma

I just caught the tail end of a news item about residents of Woodinville who are "demanding change" after being without electricity for five days.

I guess they don't like having to live in the cold. Gee, I wonder how much they'd enjoy having to live without electricity and be forced to move every three months.

Last year I saw some news clips of bellowing, red-faced men ranting at a city council meeting somewhere on the Eastside about the terrible danger of letting a camp of homeless folks into their neighborhood. The arrogant fury on those faces made me feel sick to my stomach.

Alas, in all likelihood those who were most hostile are probably living large on generators now, if their power is still out. But if not, well, I wish I could say--enjoy your cold shower. Maybe hospitality won't seem like such a chore next time.