Sunday, December 10, 2006

Explorations

Today we took a drive around the (potential) new neighborhood where our (possible) new house is.

I have this ridiculous hope that if I am just cool and noncommital about this whole process, I'll avert the attention of the Evil Eye and maybe things will work out after all for us. So don't expect any long gushing posts about the setup of the house until after we actually close and have a key in hand.

It's going to be a long three weeks, waiting on tenterhooks.

Anyway, we explored the neighborhood a bit by car. There's a P-Patch, a neighborhood gardening area, just a block or so away. We saw several little restaurants we wanted to go back and try out--some barbecue places, some Vietnamese places. There's a bike path up one main arterial--and I'm contemplating the use of Lake Washington Boulevard as a nice flat shot up to work by bike.

Maybe. Possibly. We'll see. I guess.

I'm going downtown to see Devotchka with a friend here in a bit, so I'll actually make this post before 11:00 p.m. for a change. Devotchka played most of the soundtrack for Little Miss Sunshine, which I adored--both the movie and the soundtrack. I'm not a big fan of staying up late on a Sunday night, but whatever--I get out so seldom, I may as well take advantage of the opportunities I do get.