Thursday, December 14, 2006

Candles: Lit. Cellphones: Powered. Power: Still on!

The wind is starting to make noise outside. I made a run to K-Mart earlier to buy candles, since all of ours are in storage...somewhere... I thought I'd be forced to buy a supply of scented candles for a few minutes, to my dismay. I mean, I don't mind a nice scented candle, but I was looking for a supply of votives to light several areas and that many scented candles in a tiny house seemed a recipe for a migraine, for Mr. Thel and me both. I'd rather just go straight to bed, frankly.

To my relief, I found a display of utilitarian unscented white votives near the froofy ones. I bought a few tealights too, and currently have a china plate covered with tealights burning in the kitchen. It seems only a matter of time before the lights go out for the night, and it will be nice to have a bit of light by which to grab the flashlights and light more candles.

Update, 10:37 p.m.: The power just blipped off for about three seconds and came back on. I'm sure it will be out soon. You know, having the power go out is more of a pain now that I'm an adult--but I can't help feeling the vestigial glee at the situation--candles, flashlights--that I felt as a child.

See you later!